Tuesday, August 24, 2010

We Have Countertops and Partially Painted Cabinets

Oh boy...I am so excited that I'll soon be doing dishes NOT in the tub! Icky and gross.

Countertops were put in yesterday and the absolute black granite looks awesome -except for one spot with white sealer that did not dry clear. I'm sure the company will remedy this, though.

Below we see the progress over the last few months.

kitchenupdate

Learn from my mistake. Farmsinks are really expensive if you want firestone! I wanted a white firestone, so I opted (after an endless search for a 33-36" affordable two hole white firestone farmhouse or apron sink to transform the apron sink cabinet into a regular one. We have a false drawer front and taller cabinet doors we ordered to be put on the cabinet to make it look like a regular drop-in sink cabinet would have. I am wondering if my little tapered legs will still look ok? I hope so. We shall see....

We have been priming our paint grade Maple cabinets with Primelock from Benj. Moore and painting them with Muralo paint. We added a little conditioner in with the Muralo to help disguise any brush marks. Mr. BK has been doing most of the painting. I have only had the disasterous day with the Wagner spraypainter that I do NOT suggest anyone buy! I was using thinned down Primelock in it. I still can't get that primer off my toenails. I've used acetone remover and a file.

No comments: