Friday, July 30, 2010

So Many Projects....So Little Time

Toddler sleeping and if I tiptoe to bedroom to retrieve my camera, sure enough she'll wake up. So, what have I been up to these days? Posts to come on the following:

-Working on turning old ugly rocks into pretty ones to surround toddler's sandbox. Gel stained some yesterday. Thinking of better idea that is less dangerous to environment and my child.

-Putting together gallery for Ella's works of art! In process I learned how to crush beer caps and that magnets stick to them. Don't trust the magnetic paint solds at Lowes if it's dusty and old.

-Cutting mirror with glass cutter may be harder than I thought. Tried it out yesterday and broke large piece. Agghhh!

-New GE Appliances arrived. Yay!! Wow, ceramic cooktop instructions make me think it'll be alot more upkeep than I ever realized.

-Electrician gave us pleasing quote and we don't have to switch from fuse box to breaker box. Good news! Meanwhile, we are in danger of a fire. I sleep on the couch alot just in case.

-Need carbide ripping tip for circular saw if you want to cut through hard maple- which is one of the hardest North American species of wood to deal with. Wouldn't you know that is what our cabinets are made of. Yes, I know, I shouldn't end my sentences in prepositions. But I'm in a hurry bc my child could awaken at any moment.

-The kitchen is much safer now so Ella is able to follow me in there which has helped us avoid alot of tantrums with her pulling on the baby gate. We are also practicing going down our four stairs from upper to lower level.

More to come. Just wanted to drop a line or two to keep my 19 visitors and two followers updated. LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI!! I have a 20 year old GE glasstop range. Its easy to clean and use. I'm sure they've made upgrades many times since I bought this one.No worries, you'll love it.I'm laughing a bit!You would never consider just tackling one or possibly two projects at a time would you?? Always a half dozen or more going at once! Have a nice weekend. L from WI