Monday, July 19, 2010

Kitchen Update: The Wall Is Gone!

Step One: Used my womanly wiles to talk husband into removing cabinet and tearing down sheetrock so I could envision the two rooms as one space.

Step Two: Building inspector let me know we should have pulled permit for step one. Oops. Had neat joist to hang my daughter's swing from for a while that allowed me to do some cooking.

Step Two and Half: Wait for a very loooooooooooong time while husband sheetrocks. He had tried to hire someone but I begged him to let us do it ourselves. I finally got tired of waiting and insisted I get to try. I bought hot mud that dries quickly and didn't really do any better. Shame on me. I should of listened to Mr. Buzzkill! I decided playing with and taking care of our toddler was much easier.

Step 3: Hire professional to put finishing touches on the sheetrock and stand back in awe of how easily he does it. Wowy! Does the room look huge! I is so very excited!!!!! Yippee.

wallgonesteps

1 comment:

Bellismom said...

Hey! The floor in the living room looks great! I had been wondering how things were coming and then I remembered you sent me a link to your blog. Hope you guys are doing well!