Tuesday, April 27, 2010

No More Wire Hangers and Other Changes for the Better

If I'm going to get this house looking good, I decided I should start by thinking up new ideas and systems for keeping the clutter and other things that drive me crazy under control. One thing I hate is wire hangers. I gather them and toss on a regular basis. I also find myself hunting all over for hangers when I do laundry (when being the optimum word). Well, I begged my husband to install a rod in our bathroom closet for storing hangers. It's working out well so far.

Slide1

Here is a zoomed out picture so you can see it from the larger perspective. It spans the depth of the closet and is located down low. I see my husband has allowed some baby hangers to be added to the mix. I will have to fix that. I store them in a seperate place her my daughter's room.

Slide2

Next, I went to the dollar store and bought three baskets. I was sick and tired of all the various shampoos, shaving cremes, razors, etc taking up permanent residence on our tub. So, I separated each persons belongings into their assigned basket. This has worked out fabulous too. I had to remind me husband a few times, but he started following the system because I think he, too, hated all the stuff on the tub's edge.

Slide3

I want to find an inexpensive and orderly way to store all the medicine and toiletries we have in baskets in the upper portion of the closet. Any ideas are welcome. I hate to spend big bucks on the fabric storage units or metal bins - but I want it looking orderly. Another reason, is because every time we need to enter the attic, we have to remove a panel that is located behind the shelves in this closet. Ugh! It makes a mess. You shoudl have seen how bad it was before I had baskets!!

No comments: