Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Update on Kitchen

NeedCo is working on the 3rd plan for my kitchen. We have definitely decided to go with the Integrity Line of cabinets because they are inexpensive and look good. My husband visited the showroom and gave the thumbs up on their construction. Yay!

Now I just have to decide the following:

  • Do I definitely want to go two-tone? We had decided either stained wood cabinets on bottom and white on top OR black cabinets on bottom and white on top. I figure a black and white kitchen is timeless.
  • Or, do I want to go all white? Mr. Buzzkill said that he would feel as if he were walking between two icebergs if we went with all white? Ahhhhh me.....crazy talk! I have heard of plenty of husbands being tentative about all white kitchens, but then being happy about the final outcome. In looking through a book of 500 kitchens last night I didn't see a single one with black on bottom and white on top. If I went that route, I'd want carrerra marble or look alike counter which equals expensive from all the research I've done. The one solid surface countertop I found that looked very much like marble was in the highest cost category. Wouldn't you know it? I'm thinking if we went with all white, then we could go with a different color of countertop that would be less expensive. Also, I think my husband will see that the iceberg feeling will go away once we have stainless steel appliances and some decoration and art work to give the white kitchen some character.

No comments: