Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Update on Kitchen

Sorry I've been remiss about posting lately. I've decided to take a longer break and try to get some projects done and then begin posting again. The kitchen is nearing completion. My husband (who I'm not going to call Mr. Buzzkill since he's trying to refrain from telling me I can't do this or that) tried very hard to work with the absolute worst purchase we have made- the Wagner Sprayer for around 80 bucks! He's primed and put the first coat of Muralo paint onto the cabinet doors. But, there will be some sanding taking place where the sprayer spit paint while spraying. I talked to S.Williams the other day while buying more Frog Tape and it was recommended we purchase a sprayer there for 199.00 that should get the job done. I'm all for doing that once we are ready to spend some more money.

I've had to slow down on my projects and attend to my real job lately so that I can contribute more to our income than I have been. That is another reason you might not hear from me as often for a while. But, rest assured, I'll be back with a vengeance once life calms down a bit.

I did finally get the primer removed from my toes by talking my hubby into a pedicure. I also probably taught my daughter a new curse word when I spilled about 1/2 a bucket or more of expensive Benj Moore Aura paint. I don't think I'll be buying this paint again, either. It dries just a little too fast for me and it requires two coats without using primer. I thought it'd be great to be able to skip priming and only use one coat- but that was really too good to be true.

One side project involves me painting the hallway and adding a unique stair railing. I'll post on this next!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kitchen Cabinet Refacing Materials by no means go out of types. Kitchen Cabinet Refacing Materials may be ornamented in several means and every pieces of furniture chosen claim a thing regarding the space.